- Team Verrico takes your privacy very seriously. Please read this document carefully as it contains important information on the charity and how and why we collect, store, use and share your personal information.
- Team Verrico recognises that it is involved in the processing of personal data subject to the requirement of the General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 (“the GDPR”). For the purposes of the GDPR, Team Verrico is responsible as the ‘controller’ of that information.
- This document is intended to outline Team Verrico’s approach to managing its compliance with GDPR, protecting the personal data of those who come into contact with the charity and providing a mechanism to challenge any alleged failures in compliance.
- Personal Information
- We may collect and use the following information about you:
- your name and contact information, including email address, postal address and telephone number;
- your billing information, transaction and payment card information;
- information from accounts you link to us, such as Facebook or JustGiving; and
- information on your familial, financial and health status (in the event of applications for support).
- This personal information is required so that we can:
- process donations made to Team Verrico;
- provide products or event tickets to you;
- support your own fundraising events; or
- assess whether counselling, medical or other support can be provided to an applicant.
- How your Personal Information is collected
- We collect personal information directly from you in person, by telephone, text or email and via our website. We also receive information through social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
- For applications for assistance, personal information is collected using our application forms.
- We also collect personal information through third party fundraising providers, such as JustGiving, BT MyDonate and Virgin Money.
- How and why we use your Personal Information
- Under data protection law, we can only use your personal information if we have a proper reason for doing so. We have set out below what we use your personal information for, and our reasons for doing so:
|What we use your personal information for||Why we use it|
|To process donations||For our legitimate fundraising activities|
|To provide products to you (such as our Charity Ball tickets)||For the performance of our contract with you|
|To monitor donations, organised events and fundraising activities||For our legitimate fundraising activities|
|To provide regulatory returns, such as with HMRC and the Charities Commission||For our legitimate fundraising activities|
- The above table does not apply to special category personal information which is contained as part of an application for support. The special category data provided within the application will only be processed with your explicit consent.
- Promotional Communications
- We will always treat your personal information with the utmost respect and never sell or share it with other organisation for marketing purposes.
- Who we share your Personal Information with
- We routinely share personal information with:
- third parties we use to help deliver our services/products to you, e.g. payment service providers and delivery companies;
- third parties approved by you, e.g. social media sites you choose to your account to or third party payment providers; and
- our banks.
- We may disclose and exchange information with law enforcement agencies and regulatory bodies to comply with our legal and regulatory obligations.
- Where your Personal Information is held
- Information may be held at the homes of our Trustees and at the offices or the third party agencies and representatives described above.
- None of your personal information will be transferred by us out of the EEA.
- How long your Personal Information will be kept
- We will keep your personal information while you are receiving support or services/products from Team Verrico. After that, we will keep your personal information for as long as it necessary:
- to respond to any questions, complaints or claims made by you or on your behalf;
- to show that we treated you fairly; and
- to keep records required by law.
- We will not retain your personal information for longer than necessary for the purposes set out in this policy.
- When it is no longer necessary to retain your personal information, we will delete or anonymise it.
- Your rights
- You have the following rights, which you can exercise free of charge:
|Right||What it means|
|Access||The right to be provided with a copy of your personal information|
|Rectification||The right to require us to correct any mistakes in your personal information|
|To be forgotten||The right to require us to delete your personal information—in certain situations|
|Restriction of processing||The right to require us to restrict processing of your personal information—in certain circumstances, e.g. if you contest the accuracy of the data|
|Data portability||The right to receive the personal information you provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and/or transmit that data to a third party—in certain situations|
|To object||The right to object:
· at any time to your personal information being processed for direct marketing (including profiling);
· in certain other situations to our continued processing of your personal information, e.g. processing carried out for the purpose of our legitimate interests.
- For further information on each of those rights, including the circumstances in which they apply, please contact us or see the Guidance from the UK Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) on individuals’ rights under the General Data Protection Regulation.
- If you would like to exercise any of those rights, please:
- email, call or write to us — see below: ‘How to contact us’; and
- let us have enough information to identify you (e.g. your full name, address and customer or matter reference number);
- let us have proof of your identity and address (a copy of your driving licence or passport and a recent utility or credit card bill); and
- let us know what right you want to exercise and the information to which your request relates.
- Keeping your personal information secure
- We have appropriate security measures to prevent personal information from being accidentally lost, or used or accessed unlawfully.
- We limit access to your personal information to those who have a genuine need to access it. Those processing your information will do so only in an authorised manner and are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
- We also have procedures in place to deal with any suspected data security breach. We will notify you and any applicable regulator of a suspected data security breach where we are legally required to do so.
- How to complain
- We hope that we can resolve any query or concern you may raise about our use of your information.
- The General Data Protection Regulation also gives you right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority. The supervisory authority in the UK is the Information Commissioner who may be contacted at https://ico.org.uk/concerns or telephone: 0303 123 1113.
- This privacy notice was published on 25 May 2018 and was the first version of its kind.
- We may change this privacy notice from time to time—when we do we will inform you via a notice on the Team Verrico website.
- How to contact us
- Our contact details are shown below:
- Team Verrico
- PO Box 1509
- DN9 1YJ